Major Gifts Fellowship Week
Join us in October, 2012 at the Philmont Training Center for the best Major Gifts Fellowship Week ever. Participants will be housed in buildings—not in tent city. Running water. Private bathrooms. Warmth. Space. Philmont attendees may want to arrive in Albuquerque, New Mexico, prior to the event to enjoy the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, the largest hot-air balloon event in the world.
Attendees participate in morning classes exploring the methods of planned giving and how to maximize the benefits to themselves, their heirs, and their favorite charities—win-win-win strategies. Many of the participants take these strategies for endowment growth home to their local councils and become ambassadors for the future of Scouting in their communities.
Click here to download the Major Gifts brochure
- Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Local council strategies for building a major gifts program
- Charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable lead trusts
- Donor cultivation and education
- Investment management and council trust funds
- The ethics of planned giving